Don’t Cap My Care Rally – (Washington, D.C.)
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
LocationCapitol Hill (Across from the Supreme Court)
80 1st St NE
Washington, District of Columbia
Join advocates; Senators Casey (PA), Wyden (OR), Van Hollen (MD), and Duckworth (IL); Hon. Tony Coelho; and other members of Congress to stop Medicaid caps and cuts and save the lives of people with disabilities.
- The American Health Care Act (AHCA), if passed, will cut more than $800 billion from Medicaid over the next decade.
- “Per capita caps” will devastate Medicaid-funded services that people with disabilities need to live, work and participate in their communities.
- Medicaid provides specialized healthcare services like nursing, personal care and therapies to children and adults with disabilities and seniors.
The U.S. Senate is writing their health care bill now. We must let Senators know that:
MEDICAID MATTERS and MEDICAID CUTS and CAPS ARE Unacceptable!
#NoCutsNoCaps #Save Medicaid
RSVP and stay up to date on Facebook.
Disability Action for America will be sharing the rally on FB live, and also be live tweeting during the rally. Watch the rally on Facebook @DisabilityActionUSA.
Media are welcome at this event. For more information contact:
Esme Grant Grewal at email@example.com or
Alison Barkoff at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can’t make it to D.C. consider hosting or attending a rally in your own state.
This Rally is Hosted By:
This Rally is co-hosted and supported by:
- American Association on Health & Disability
- American Association of People with Disabilities
- American Civil Liberties Union
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
- American Network of Community Options and Resources
- Association of People Supporting Employment First
- Association on University Centers on Disabilities
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
- Brain Injury Association of America
- Center for American Progress
- Center for Law and Social Policy
- Center for Medicare Advocacy
- Center for Popular Democracy
- Center for Public Representation
- Chronic Illness and Disability Partnership
- Collaboration to Promote Self Determination
- Community Catalyst
- Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Disability Action for America
- Human Rights Campaign
- Justice in Aging
- Leading Age
- Lutheran Services in America Disability Network
- Medicare Rights Centre
- Moms Rising
- National Alliance of State & Territorial AIDS Directors
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Disability Rights Network
- National Down Syndrome Congress
- National Health Law Program
- National Council on Independent Living
- RESULTS: The Power to End Poverty
- Service Employees International Union
- The Arc of the United States
- United Cerebral Palsy
Please follow and like us: