Tell your members of Congress how important Medicaid is to you and your family. Ask them to oppose any bill or order that would cut or cap Medicaid.
Call the main Capitol line at: (202) 224-3121 (voice) or (202) 224-3091 (tty) (You’ll be directed to an operator at the Capitol switchboard. This switchboard can direct you to both Senators as well as Representatives.)
If you’re nervous or not sure what to say, get started with this easy script. If you leave a voicemail, please leave your full street and zip code to ensure your call is tallied.
Thank you! Every Call Matters
Tools to Contact your Representatives in less than two minutes:
You can help protect Medicaid by telling your Members of Congress to:
- SUPPORT the EMPOWER Care Act to fund the Money Follows the Person program (House & Senate).
- OPPOSE the Farm Bill that would take benefits away from millions of people who cannot afford basic needs like food and have the worst impact on people with disabilities (House).
- OPPOSE the bill that would prioritize institutional care in Institutions for Mental Illness (IMDs) over community based care (House).
- OPPOSE any spending cuts in the federal budget that would hurt people with disabilities and the Medicaid program (House & Senate).
Call your Members of Congress:
- Call the Capitol Switchboard at: (202) 224-3121(voice) or (202) 224-3091(tty) and ask to be connected to your senators or representatives.
- You can use this easy tool to find your members of Congress.
Educate yourself so you can be prepared to comment on forthcoming rules that could prevent individuals with disabilities and their families from legally entering the country.
You can find direct contact information for your individual legislators below: