Election Resources for Protecting Medicaid in Minnesota
More election resources coming soon!
Medicaid reporting requirements, wrong for Minnesota
- Sign up for our This Is Medicaid email list
- Folllow @ThisIsMedicaid on Twitter
- Join the ‘This Is Medicaid” Facebook group
- Pledge to Protect Medicaid
Updates for Medicaid action in Minnesota:
- Medical Assistance Work Rule Might Not Cut Costs: Star Tribune
- Check out this Medicaid resource for reaching out to key states.
- MN Senate Republicans letter to Minnesota Congressional Delegation
- 158 MN organizations calling on our congressional delegation to vote no on Graham-Cassidy
Medicaid provides 219, 718 people with disabilities in Minnesota with access to critical care that helps them live independently.
If you care about people with disabilities – if you or someone you love is supported by Medicaid, please take action NOW.
You matter, your story about Medicaid is critical, and your call makes a difference.
It is absolutely essential to make the case to your representatives Franken, Klobuchar, and Dayton, about the impact of the Medicaid per capita caps on community services and supports for individuals with disabilities.
Please, whether you’re a lifelong activist or haven’t voted in years – take five minutes today to help defend essential services for people with disabilities.
Social Media: let the world know your story with @ThisIsMedicaid
Call: the main Capitol line at: (202) 224-3121 (You’ll be directed to an operator at the Capitol switchboard who can direct you to both of your senators.)
- Do NOT support the Graham-Cassidy Bill.
- Do NOT allow Medicaid to be gutted. Per Capita Caps would decimate the program on which people with disabilities and seniors rely for critical healthcare and community services.
- Do NOT allow states to opt out of requiring health plans to cover basic health care and keep it affordable for people with pre-existing conditions, including people with disabilities.
Learn More About the Impact of the AHCA on Minnesotans:
Minnesota PDF – Info on the impact in Minnesota.
BCRA Two-Page Overview – Proposed Federal Changes to Health Care The U.S. Senate Health Care Bill and the Medicaid Program in Minnesota
Four-page Analysis of BCRA – A Policy Brief: The Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017 and Minnesota’s Public Health Care Programs
Minnesota Harmed By Medicaid Caps (Georgetown University Center for Children and Families (CCF) and NHeLP)
Medicaid Facts Minnesota (Children’s Hospitals Association)
Medicaid in Minnesota (Kaiser Family Foundation)
Medicaid Capped Funding: Findings and Implications for Alaska (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation)
House Republican Health Plan Would Shift $12 billion in Medicaid Costs to Minnesota (Center on Budget and Policy Priorities)
Reports on State Impact
State Medicaid Financing Fact Sheets (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation)
The Impact of Medicaid Cuts on People with Disabilities: State-by-State Breakdown (Center for American Progress)
State Variation in Medicaid Per Enrollee Spending for Seniors and People with Disabilities (Kaiser Family Foundation)
The Impact of Per Capita Caps on Federal and State Medicaid Spending (Urban Institute)