Medicaid provides 417,000 people with disabilities in Ohio with access to critical care that helps them live independently. Learn more about Medicaid for Ohioans with the Busting Medicaid Myths Booklet put together by Disability Rights Ohio.
If you care about people with disabilities – if you or someone you love is supported by Medicaid, please take action NOW.
You matter, your story about Medicaid is critical, and your call makes a difference.
It is absolutely essential to make the case to your representatives Senator Brown, Senator Portman, and Governor Kasich, about the impact of the Medicaid per capita caps on community services and supports for individuals with disabilities.
Please, whether you’re a lifelong activist or haven’t voted in years – take five minutes today to help defend essential services for people with disabilities.
Call the main Capitol line at: (202) 224-3121 (You’ll be directed to an operator at the Capitol switchboard who can direct you to both of your senators.)
Easy Calling Script
Hello, this is[Name]. I am a resident of [Town, State] and [I/my child/sister/friend/co-worker etc] is a person with a disability who relies on Medicaid for health care and services to live and participate in the community.
I am asking [Member of Congress’ Name] to vote no on any bill that cuts funding to Medicaid and to commit to protecting Medicaid, Medicare and other critical programs.
Thank you for taking my call!
[IF LEAVING A VOICEMAIL: please leave your full street address and zip code to ensure your call is tallied]
[Optional Add On]
Personal stories are the most effective form of advocacy. Talk about why is Medicaid important to you.
- If you or a family member are on Medicaid (including a waiver), what are the most important services to you? What difference has that made in yours and/or your family members lives?
- Access to critical healthcare or therapies
- Ability to receive in-home supports, residential supports or live independently
- Ability to work or go to a day program (so your family can work)
- What was your and/or your family members lives like before receiving Medicaid services?
- Are you or a family member on a waitlist for Medicaid services? How would getting services make a difference in your lives?
Please follow and like us:
713 Hart Senate Office Building Washington DC 20510
448 Russell Senate Office Building Washington DC 20510
Health Care Legislative Assistant
Riffe Center, 30th Floor
77 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215-6117
Let your Senators know how harmful this bill will be to Ohioans with disabilities. Please call your representatives
and encourage your friends and family to join you. Let your representatives know that cuts to Medicaid put individuals with disabilities at risk of losing essential services that allow them to live and work in the community. This cannot happen
. Help them understand the importance by sharing your personal story.
- Do NOT support the Graham-Cassidy bill.
- Do NOT allow Medicaid to be gutted. Per Capita Caps would decimate the program on which people with disabilities and seniors rely for critical healthcare and community services.
- Do NOT allow states to opt out of requiring health plans to cover basic health care and keep it affordable for people with pre-existing conditions, including people with disabilities.
Please follow and like us: